Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mountain Dew: the Geek Drink of Choice


Why is it that Mountain Dew is the drink of choice for Nerds, dweebs, and gamers alike? Compared to coffee and energy drinks it doesn't even have that much caffeine to fuel those all nite gaming sessions. Does anybody else know what I am talking about? Geeks and gamers absolutely worship Mountain Dew, from what I have seen. It is literally their ambrosia. How else could they stay up all nite playing World of Warcraft? But the nagging question remains...why not starbucks, why not Red Bull? Any information to figure out this anomaly would be fantastic. Let me know. Til then, do the dew

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

because their mommy's won't allow them to drink coffee or red bull, the devil's drink.

Unknown said...

ooo another point for the geekiness, Mountain Dew came out with a special edition flavor just for the release of Halo 3! WTF, mate!? Also, speaking of geeky beverages, have you tried Jolt cola? I haven't and I really think you should write a blog on it before I do.

Anonymous said...

it's not "write a blog" this whole thing is the blog - a blog is like a journal - a topic is a blog "entry" or "post"

Anonymous said...

This just supports my previous clames that the trends of tomorrow can be found among the loser's of today. I remember when I was a loser kid, playin' games instead of exorcising or socializing. Now the video game industry has grown to cast a deep black shadow over the movie industry.

Why is that exactly? Oh yeah, its called hype! Halo 3 wasn't even that fn good. Before the Halo bubble popped, Mountain Dew hopped aboard. Now, if you aren't drinkin' Game Fuel, people on Xbox Live flip the f out. Luckily as a kid playing DnD, I came upon a genie, and I wished for an endless decanter of Dr. Pepper, so I don't even have to buy mountain dew. Ever.

Top 3 Nerd Soda's

1) Jolt Cola <-- elitist snob nerds
2) Dr. Pepper <-- core nerds
3) Mountain Dew <-- alternative birth control

By the way, the kaptcha Word Verification says icup.

Anonymous said...

I know that no one is likely to read this, but I have to say it.
@That One Guy: I didn't know that exorcising demons was the cool thing to do back in the day....

Add to Technorati Favorites