Monday, February 18, 2008

Advertisements on Cell Phones


I use Google's Gmail...and I find it to be extremely creepy. There's always adds on the sidebar of the email tailored to whatever you are emailing to people. I casually said "oh, sorry" in one of my emails and advertisements for sympathy cards and "say your sorry through a floral gift" came up. It was almost as if the slightly disturbing employees at Google are sitting in their Mountain View, CA offices and having a ball reading everyone's email. I can just imagine them coming up with joke advertisements for all of the hilarious emails they read from the rest of us schmucks.

Email advertising is bad enough, but now the powers that be at Google, Apple, Nokia etc want to advertise on your cellphone. Thanks to GPS technology companies like Starbucks and Walgreens are going to send special offers to our cell phones when we walk within the proximity of one of their stores. Although, they are just testing this idea now...you know damn well they are actually going to do this soon.

I already get enough texts...now i have to get crap from Starbucks too? I don't even like coffee!

Is anybody else ready to throw their phones in the trash and move to a beach in Brazil? I am.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites